The Viagrow Chunky or Ginormous horticultural grade perlite increases water absorption and aeration when added to soil and soilless growing media. Viagrow coarse grade horticultural perlite is pH neutral and odorless. Use Viagrow Coarse and Chunky perlite alone for a completely inert hydroponic medium with good capillary and air retention properties. Perlite can also be added to any medium to improve texture, aeration, and drainage. Combined chunky perlite with coir (coconut fiber) VCCB5, and Vermiculite for a great raised bed or container gardening mix. Course and chunky perlite is light weight and great for roof top gardening, hydroponic media, indoor and outdoor gardening, landscaping, bulb and tuber storage and can be used for compost aeration among many other uses. For smaller perlite particle sizes, search codes VPER4 and VPER1. Viagrow perlite bags are biodegradable and environmentally friendly.
- Sustainable Viagrow perlite is 1 of the most sustainable substrates, perfect for greenhouse propagation and growing, perlite is a naturally mined mineral that is heated during processing, causing its particles to pop and expand in volume, the result is a great, inorganic, soilless media, all Viagrow perlite is mined, heated, and packaged in the USA
- Neutral pH Viagrow perlite is clean, sterile, non-flammable, pH neutral, odorless, nontoxic and does not decay nor shrink, even pests such as insects and fungi can't destroy it
- Mixing Viagrow perlite can be mixed with organic compost, natural soils, or composted bark, assists in anchoring the roots of young plants so they grow healthy and strong
- Drainage Viagrow horticultural perlite retains water and food for the growing plants, it is best used for drainage purposes, good potting soils typically contain at least 25% perlite for proper drainage
- Lightweight Viagrow horticultural perlite is a lightweight substitute for sand, is especially useful in hydroponic gardening systems, it is perfect for seed germination, and cutting propagation