The Viagrow horticultural grade perlite increases drainage and aeration when added to soil and soilless growing media. Viagrow horticultural perlite is commonly used alone for a completely inert hydroponic medium with good capillary and air retention properties, perlite can also be added to any medium to improve texture, air to water ratio and create a healthier growing medium. Viagrow perlite is a perfect horticulture mix to combine with coir (coconut fiber) VCCB5 or VCCF50 and bulk granular fertilizers for a customized planting medium or can be used for compost aeration. Perlite has a wide variety of applications such as hydroponics, aeroponics, raised bed gardening, container gardens, roof top gardening, makes a great soil additive, square foot gardening, potting soil for indoor plants, orchid potting mix, potting soil for outdoor plant and much more. Viagrow perlite is mined, heated and packaged.
- Sustainable Viagrow perlite is 1 of the most sustainable substrates, perfect for greenhouse propagation and growing, perlite is a naturally mined mineral that is heated during processing, causing its particles to pop and expand in volume, the result is a great, inorganic, soilless media, all Viagrow perlite is mined, heated and packaged
- Neurtal pH Viagrow perlite is clean, sterile, non-flammable, pH neutral, odorless, nontoxic and does not decay nor shrink, even pests such as insects and fungi can't destroy it
- Mixing Viagrow perlite can be mixed with organic compost, natural soils, or composted bark, assists in anchoring the roots of young plants so they grow healthy and strong
- Drainage Viagrow horticultural perlite retains water and food for the growing plants, it is best used for drainage purposes, good potting soils typically contain at least 25% perlite for proper drainage
- Lightweight Viagrow horticultural perlite is a lightweight substitute for sand, is especially useful in hydroponic gardening systems, it is perfect for seed germination and cutting propagation